The 2021 Montreal Grand Prix has been called off due to public health concerns, Radio-Canada reported Thursday morning.
he race had been scheduled for June 13, weeks before Premier François Legault’s June 24 goal for having all Quebecers who are so-inclined vaccinated. At a press conference on Tuesday, Legault said we shouldn’t expect a return to normalcy before that date.
However, during that same press conference, Quebec public health director Horacio Arruda said that his team was examining all the options to allow the race to go ahead.
The 2020 edition of the race was also called off due to COVID-19.
This story will be updated.