New Brunswick is launching the next phase of its inquiry into a potentially unidentified brain disease that has affected hundreds of individuals in recent years, including at least 16 from outside the province.
Provincial health authorities have launched the data analysis phase of the inquiry and will work with the Public Health Agency of Canada to analyze data on 222 verified patient cases of “undiagnosed neurological” issues, New Brunswick chief medical officer Dr. Yves Léger said during a press conference on March 27.
While the province has previously looked into concerns that a mysterious illness could be to blame for the unexplained neurological issues that have cropped up in some patients, health authorities said they were unable to establish a definitive link between the cases….